six inches of fresh snow, again!

*********************************************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************************************
Those of you who know me will really believe it when I say how much I am L-O-V-I-N-G this S-N-O-W!!!
*********************************************************************************************************
We have about 2 feet of snow right now! It just keeps piling up, and snowing more and more! I love it! I talked to Dad today, and he assures me that by February...I'll be singing a different tune...and, he is probably right, he usually is!!! But, I'm going to enjoy every second of it right now!!!

*********************************************************************************************************
We went to church this morning, and the service was wonderful, we started a new series today, "The Nights Before Christmas". Today we read from the book of Isaiah. Isaiah 40. The message was wonderful, and the worship was great...Our church has such a talented group for the morning worship....! I love it!

When we got home we bundled up and went out side...the drive way had a fresh six inches of snow, and needed to be cleaned up! So, Dustin got out the old trusty John Deere snow blower that is nearly 30 years old, and still works...it just has a few hiccups now and then. I shoveled the front and back porches, and made a nice little path out back for Oakley....the snow is now deeper than what he prefers to walk around it! He's not spoiled though!
We made some hot cocoa, and snuggled down in to read our books this afternoon. I really enjoy an afternoon that is quiet, no noise...just the sound of the fire once in a while, and all day to relax! I read about four pages and then fell asleep...it was wonderful!

I am thankful for today.

5 comments:

  1. It is snowing here at this very moment. I feel such inspiration when it snows. I'm not quite the outside girl anymore that you are. We read this afternoon too... which always produces a lovely nap.

    Hi there Oakley!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah I am so jealous :) I wish we had so much snow to play in!! I am thinking I won't be able to live in Indiana for too long...Gots to have snow in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to shovel a path for Brittany too...for as good as the dogs are they deserve a little pampering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah....plowing a path for the dog...I'm imagining it all now....Is it even possible for Psycho-Molly to USE a path? She does have a new bagel-bed though and is lovin' that. Love your picture and miss you. Perhaps I'll get to visit your church soon. Instead of reading, we made peanut brittle. Your Dad is a great Stir-er.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really good to hear from you! It has been a long time! How have you been? We are pretty good here. As you know, working retail at christmas time makes it hard to enjoy. It doesn't help that my boss acts like a 2 year old. But you're right, kill 'em with kindness does work, it just feels good to be mean back sometimes. But I know that's wrong, it's just fun. :D Anyway, glad we can keep in touch now through the wonderful world of a computer screen and an internet hook up. Will talk to you soon. Love you too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete