Dear Allison,


The long awaited cheese ball recipe!
I know you've been waiting on this since Christmas! I just got done making this one to take down to Laura and Jeff's this weekend (Halleck family Christmas on Saturday). I usually try and make my cheese balls the day before, just think that it give the flavors more time to mingle..but, it's up to you.
Now, I must state that this is RENEE's recipe (just in case she reads this, I don't want to take credit for how "awesome" it is!)
So....Renne's Cheeseball :

2 packages cream cheese (softened)
2 packages crab meat (shred style works well, and then I just cut it up a little more, if you use a kitchen aid to mix, it will shred the crab even more, which works great)
garlic powder (hmm...a tablespoon or so, I like garlic, so I don't measure...just start shaking it in!)
ceyenne pepper (to taste)
red pepper flakes (to taste) I'd say I use about 1-2 tsp of each pepper
black pepper (to taste)
green onion, chopped (about three, and I use all of the white part and a little green)
parsley, I just take part of a bunch and a pair of scissors over my bowl and start clipping away until it looks good...about a quarter of a bunch or so...

That's about it...mix, form into a ball and chill.

Enjoy!
(Oh, and Allison, I'd love to know what you think!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, friend! (Our should I say Thank you Renee!!) And, I love that I got a whole post with my name on it.

    I'll give my Iron Chef Review of it when I make it. ha ha (Do you watch Food Network - if not, that will make NO sense!)

    OK...don't expect a taste testing from us for a little bit - we've got to get settled again as you know!

    Thanks again - safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete