i remember a day, about three years ago


when oakley and i took a nice little walk on a cold winter day...the roads were very icy. we lived down state at the time, at our house in Clinton Twp. our afternoon walk was around the blocks in our friendly neighborhood. as we were enjoying the crisp, fresh air oakley spotted one of the neighbor dogs...before I could even look up, he was off...down thru the ditch and into the neighbor's yard....now, visualize this...me (the graceful one, just ask dad) and oakley on a leash, wrapped around my wrist, walking on icy roads. hmmm...where do you think I ended up? YUP, in the ditch, on my face, covered in snow...with our neighbor just looking at me, and oakley visiting his dog.

back to present day:

Oakley and I went for a nice walk tonight after I got home from work (yup, that right ...I was called in to work today...very bummed about that, I had so much I wanted to do, but hey...can't complain about a few extra hours!) and, as we were walking thru our neighborhood I was reminded of the memory above. He is still such a puppy...he still pounces, bounces, frolics and jumps...and i love watching him run and play like a puppy....I'm so glad that he's a little more behaved now, and he doesn't pull at the end of his leash anymore!
..................................................................................................................
Dustin is on his way to Eric and Nicole's, he should be arriving shortly...
Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow.

hugs.

4 comments:

  1. Oakley's a beauty - great job on project 365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that dog!! I will def be keeping Dustin in my prayers...hoping that it will all work out for you two soon!!
    Love you and miss you <3

    p.s. yay for project 365...i was kind of wondering if you were doing it too...it should be lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Sunshine:
    Enjoyed the recent pics and stories...:)Have you and Oakley ever considered Ski-joring?
    Please know, as always, ya'll are loved and being prayed for. Continue to "Praise Him in this storm" and know He has a plan and it is a good one.
    Love you both. Hope your day is as wonderful and cheery as you are.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah, your e-mail is still in my scrap tote just waiting for me to remember to bring it to work so I can say hello. But I had this brillant idea to yahoo you and found you this way :) Hope all is well and you had a nice Christmas, sorry I was so sad and distant. You caught me off guard. Don't do goodbye's well. OBVIOUSLY LOL. I have decided to do the 365 challenge and hope that I don't make myself totally crazy in the meantime :) leah

    ReplyDelete