bagels and chicken wings


Hoisin Chicken Wings

--2-3 lbs frozen chicken wings or drummettes
--1/2 cup prepared Hoisin Sauce (or your own, recipe down below)
--1/4 cup honey
--4-5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
--1 inch of ginger, peeled and grated
--1 T sesame oil

Homemade Hoisin Sauce

4 T of soy sauce
2 T peanut butter
1 T molasses or honey
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 t sesame oil
1 t hot sauce (I used Thai red chili paste; Tabasco or similar would work)
1/8 t ground black pepper

The Directions.

I used a 4 qt round crockpot for this dish. It was a perfect size.

Dump chicken into crockpot. Add the Hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. Stir well to mix flavors.
Cook on high for another 30 minutes.

They are in the crockpot and should be ready for dinner around six tonight!
************************************************************************************************************************************



YUMMY BAGELS!
They turned out awesome! I will for sure be making these again! Kinda a long process...but, totally worth it!
***********************************************************************************************************************
On that note:
My mom started feeling kinda yucky last night, and not much better this morning...so, they canceled their trip down here. I'm sad. But she NEEDS to get feeling better SOON. She leaves for her big trip on Tuesday, and can't be sick for that!
So, I will have extra for dinner....anyone wanna join us?

5 comments:

  1. I can NOT believe we are missing THAT!! While I am sad to not see you, I rest in complete comfort knowing that God is working all things for His glory. Now, THAT is a "good thing".
    Enjoy your goodies, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm...everything looks and sounds delicious! I would give anything to be able to join you for dinner...miss you so much!
    love ya,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that all looks so YUMMOLICIOUS! Thank you for sharing! xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good I would LOVE to join you. Bagles are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah!

    Can't believe you ACTUALLY made bagels! WOW!

    They look delicious!

    SO impressed....

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete