Dear Becci,

Below you will find the yummy granola recipe that I am making today!
If you give it a shot...let me know what you think!

I add dried Traverse City Cherries to mine right before I pour my milk...Dustin doesn't care for fruit in his, so I don't add it to the whole batch. Play with it...let me know what you think!

Healthy Homemade Granola

Dry Ingredients:
6 cups rolled oats (you can also use a combination of rolled grains)
2 cups of raw almonds and/or walnuts (or other nuts)
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
½ cup sesame seeds or flax seed
½ cup wheat germ or ground flax seed.
Optional: ½ cup unsweetened coconut,
½ cup dried fruit (add after cooked) –date pieces, cranberries, cherries, apricots, mango
Wet Ingredients & seasonings:
2 individual cup unsweetened applesauce (about 1 cup total)
1/3 cup agave nectar (or brown rice syrup, honey or maple syrup)
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
½ tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 300°F.

Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together, and then stir into dry ingredients. Stir well to mix thoroughly.

Spread the mixture into two baking dishes. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Stir every 10 - 15 minutes to ensure even browning. If you use fruit, stir once it is cooled. Store in the refrigerator.

********************************************************************************************************************
I'm also going to try this recipe for dinner, and serving this dish with hot buttered croissants, and fresh juicy strawberries. The perfect end to a day of gardening (yep, planting my herbs in pots today!)


MRS. SULLIVAN'S HOT CHICKEN SALAD

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

2 cups chopped celery

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/2 cup slivered almonds

Salt & freshly ground black pepper

1 cup crushed potato chips

Stir all together EXCEPT potato chips. Top with chips.

Bake in 2 quart casserole @ 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Serves 4

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah

    You are my hero. I can't wait to try both recipes! I wish I could be home planting herbs, baking croissants, and making granola....Of course, I would have to be able to keep plants alive in order to garden....

    Thanks again!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granola sounds wonderful. Did you eat it on your sunporch?
    :o) Mom

    ReplyDelete