wonderful weekend

We had a wonderful, beautiful weekend!

I started out going to Urgent Care, Friday afternoon. I had a pretty bad case of Poison Ivy (from all that brush cutting and "vine" pulling I was doing last week...and I started to get it on my face, so I took myself up to urgent care, got a nice big shot in the butt, and came home with three prescriptions! But, let me tell you...PRAISE GOD for Doctors! I felt so much better the next day! And today (monday) it's nearly cleared up...I still have a little rash, and it itches time to time...but, it is SO MUCH BETTER!

so, i know that picture is kinda gross...but, not every photo can be BEAUTIFUL!

on to some better images though!
We spent Saturday and Sunday working in the yard. We ripped out the old landscaping, and re did all of it...it looks so much nicer now! We had to tear out a big chunk of concrete (it was lifted by roots, and a big tripping hazard, so we were thankful that it came up easy!) and chopped the remaining roots from the ground, and moved and moved and moved stones! I have quite a bit more to work on today, but it's looking really good already!



Dustin got his fancy wheels on his truck Saturday night....the 4x4 Jamboree is this weekend...and he's been looking forward to that since we moved here...so, he's got his truck ready...just needs to get it all cleaned up and sparkling! :)
***********************************************************************************************************
we built my Salad Garden Sunday afternoon too! I've had a plan for this since we moved, and I'm so excited to have it done, and planted!


Someday I'd love to have a huge garden...with everything in it...but it just isn't something that we could really do this year! So, this will be perfect...it will give me something to fiddle with, and give us lots of fresh salad this summer (hopefully in about a month or so!) I should have taken the pictures right after planting, then there wouldn't be pollen all over the whole thing..but, you get the idea!
*****************************************************************************************************************
So, I have a nice list of things to do today...so, I better get working on it!
I've got my third load of laundry on the line (by 9:30 a.m.!) and have my grocery list for Sam's Club ready....(just need a few things) and then lots of work outside to do!
Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. OH you poor thing!! Poison Ivy!! I hate the stuff. I'm glad you are feeling better though.

    Your yard projects look great. I love the walkways that you made. The salad garden is a great idea too. Do you have deer pestering you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek...the poison ivy looks paaaaiinful! I hope its getting better now.

    Your yard looks beautiful! I love the landscaping. I can't wait to see it myself some time summer. And I am looking forward to a nice fresh home grown salad too ;)

    love you and miss...get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek...the poison ivy looks paaaaiinful! I hope its getting better now.

    Your yard looks beautiful! I love the landscaping. I can't wait to see it myself some time summer. And I am looking forward to a nice fresh home grown salad too ;)

    love you and miss...get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah--great salad garden idea!!!! Get over the ivy..had it last year....a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of neat stuff this weekend! (Minus the poison ivy of course...) Glad that cleared up quickly though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I saw the poison ivy picture and immediately started to itch! I'm glad to hear you are doing better with it though...I always end up on steroids when I get it! Never had to have the shot in the butt though. :)

    ReplyDelete