Harrod Pork Rind Heritage Festival


Honestly, I don't know why I had such high hopes for this little festival...I mean seriously, pork rind festival? What was I thinking! (but sometimes these things can be a lot of fun...like the Auburn Corn Fest, or Greek Fest...anyway...)
We had a nice time. It was fun to go out on a Friday night again....if you can really call that going "out"!

They had the festival set up on one of the city streets, and had a few people with crafts, but mostly food vendors. A couple trailers with games, and a few rides, but that was about it!

I enjoyed our time together though. No matter what we were doing...even if it was only walking down the street, then back, then eating a deep fried pork patty (which wasn't all that great) and then heading home.


what else does the wonderful state of Ohio have in store for us this summer?

5 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read the title of your post. The pork rind festival? But you're right...they can turn out to be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Bruce and I used to go to all the local festivals too. You never know, you might catch a great truck pull or pig bathing session once in a while. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had you beautiful sundress on. I love that you used reclamed fabric. I think I will post my reclamed fabric apron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed so loud at the post title that Molly abrupted got up and left the room. That made me laugh even more!! Can you tell me...what was the aroma like?
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just may have to start going out on Friday night again..;p

    ReplyDelete