garden update : sunflowers


I finally have sunflowers!
And, I have this feeling that the rest of them will bloom during this next week while I'm in Michigan! Of course it will work that way! My lovely neighbor Elouise has offered to take a picture for me if they do! Hopefully some of them will hold out until next week, I was really looking forward to having some cut flowers on my dining room table!

And, speaking of Elouise...
She brought over a huge bucket for me last night, filled half way full of string beans (which she has offered to teach me how to cook them the right way (the Southern way), and white peppers, green tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, egg plant and cabbage!
WOW!
I am so grateful!
This is so much better than a Farmers Market, ANY DAY!

D's parents rolled in yesterday afternoon! Robin brought my quilt! It's beautiful!
We grilled some steaks, and I made another batch of the egg plant pizzas!

Laura and Jeff are heading down here this morning! It's been awhile since I've seen them, so we are looking forward to the visit!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. The Sunflowers are lovely.
    Yay for the quilt.
    Have a great weekend.
    See you tomorrow!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've never seen sunflowers that look quite like that. You're a lucky duck. :)

    ReplyDelete