last thursday | pitting cherries....all day!


(my sunflowers are in full bloom...and SO beautiful!)
Believe it or not, I didn't take a single picture of the cherry pitting process last Thursday! Our fingers were sticky, and we hardly left our pitting stations the entire day! Mom and I pitted cherries for 6 hours straight! Dad even made us lunch and served us, so we didn't have to take a break!
Whew! I'm glad that they are done, but my freezer is FULL now! And, that is exciting!

***************************************************************************************************************************
Today, in memory of last week...I finished pitting the last of my sweet cherries, I'm just having a hard time eating them all, even with munching on a bowl a day, they need to be frozen so they are not wasted! So, that is done!
I canned 8 jars of Chow Chow Relish with the green tomatoes and cabbage that Elouise brought over.
I made two loaves of french bread...for two reasons...1.) a fresh cucumber sammy (Allison, all this consists of is two slices of bread, ranch dressing and cucumbers: slap together and enjoy!)and 2.) BLT's for dinner tonight. YUMM-O!
I just love fresh made bread! (no, it's not south beach friendly...but, I'm failing at that diet in so many ways...what's a little homemade bread gonna hurt!)
I'm making a batch of laundry soap...not quite out yet, but want to get it done...besides it makes the house smell so good, and it smells like vinegar from the relish right now!
Next on my list...clean up the fresh garden veggies that Elouise just brought over...Who needs a Farmer's Market when you have a neighbor like I do!

5 comments:

  1. another gorgeous photo....and I gotta say, just reading all that you do in your post, you make Martha Stewart look lazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...cherry pitting. That is precisely why I decided never to pick cherries again! Of course, I did it alone....would have been nice to have help like you did! I enjoy your pictures and lifestyle hints!! Maybe you should have your own show?? :) I would watch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of your sunflower!

    I purchased all the ingredients to make laundry soap just today! I am so excited to give it a try!! Hopefully it turns out okay...don't be surprised if I end up calling you with questions ;)

    Glad to hear that you had such a great visit back here in Michigan.

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying the Cucumber sammy today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do own a cherry pitter don't you? That is the greatest invention EVER....

    ReplyDelete