my first quilt

Robin (D's mom) and I started working on a quilt together this past winter. We just did a little, each time we were together.
This was the first quilt I'd ever done, and I did quite a bit of it, with lots and lots of wonderful guidance from my mother in law!
I had so much fun working on this with her, and I'm so excited that it's done, and it looks beautiful in my living room!
These are some of my favorite colors, and I've been wanting to decorate with them for quite some time, and this quilt will be my inspiration, for sure!
Thank you, mom for teaching me the beginners art of sewing! I can't wait to start my next project soon...


9 comments:

  1. Rock on, Hannah! That is gorgeous!!! Great color choice, too!

    Is there anything you can't do??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Hannah Mae, it is great, isn't it amazing the things we can do if we have someone who is willing to take the time to teach us.........kudos to mom also

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful!! I love all the different fabrics and all the different quilting patterns in it. I'm thinking lots of snuggly winter evenings.
    You married the right man for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! Did you use a specific pattern, or did Robin just know what to do? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colors! So gorgeous! I have to ask...did you do it all by hand or use some of the fabulous sewing machines that are out there??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!! It is beautiful...just like you ;) You sure have a wonderful MIL which makes your quilt just that much more special!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thank you for the wonderful comments!
    We did not do it by hand, we used a machine (Robin has a wonderful machine to work with). And, we took it to Grayling (The IceHouse) to have them quilt it...they did a beautiful job!
    The pattern, just a bunch of 4x4 blocks sewn together...nothing hard at all...and the border, just a bunch of strips pieced together, so specific order or anything, just however we grabbed them!

    Thanks again for the wonderful comments, hopefully Robin will be reading this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think your color choiuces are awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how nice to see the finished product! I am so glad you posed with your quilt. Nice to see your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete