canning tomato sauce


(snagged this pic from flickr...i didn't have all the beautiful colors you see here, but my tomatoes, from E's garden, are delish nonetheless!)

i promise pictures later, when I get around to it! i've been pretty busy this past week.

cooked (and enjoyed) Okra for the first time
cooked (and enjoyed) beets for the first time (thanks G&G H)
3 bags of zucchini (froze)
3 loaves Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
6 pint & 4 quarts of diced tomatoes
8 pints & 16 quarts tomato sauce (still working on as I type)

yet to do today:
freeze sweet corn (the last of what's good from the garden, I have about 2 dozen ears)
preserve a 2 gallon bucket of okra (not sure what i'm going to do with this yet?)
pick green tomatoes for jam (yep, jam...have you ever had raspberry or blackberry green tomato jam? delish!)
display the pumpkins I picked yesterday! i love fall, and it's almost here!!!
work on some digital scrapbook pages for Marilyn's Alaska trip! i'm having fun with this!

and...who knows what else!

enjoy this beautiful Saturday, the weather is perfect here today, and I'm looking forward to enjoying some time outside, even if it is just shucking corn!

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture!! I enjoy your blog and reading about your life!! Thanks for sharing! Blessings and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...did you shred or chop up the zucchini before you froze it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison,
    i shred it and measure two cups per bag, but that is because most of my recipes call for two cups!

    ReplyDelete