it's fall



I love fall! I love all the seasons for different reasons, but I really love fall!
It's been quite cool, and windy the past couple days, in fact, I picked the last tomatoes that I'm planning on picking this morning in the rain and wind!
It is suppose to freeze tomorrow night (or so Dustin read) we'll see.

I canned 7 more quarts of tomatoes, and have enough in the fridge ready to start a batch of salsa in the morning. That will be the end of tomatoes for us this year...we ended up with WAY more than I would have ever dreamed of!

My pantry shelf is packed. The only shelf left with any room on it is the very top one, and I'm nervous to put anything up there! (Dad, is that book shelf rated to hold that much stuff!) I hope to have a picture of all my work up soon...maybe tomorrow.

In other news...Today was my first day volunteering at our church. I'm working at the desk in the lobby. Just answering phones and being a friendly face for those that walk thru the door. I can bring projects to work on, my laptop, crocheting, books to read, whatever I want. It was quiet today, but they say it quite often is.
It was a great morning though. I work from 8-12 every Tuesday morning. I met a good number of the staff too!
I'm looking forward to next week.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks beautiful.
    How big is your church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to meet people of the church! The other day I called our church office and got the gruffest lady EVER! I wish I had a Hannah May answering the phone when I called. :)

    ReplyDelete