egg plant pizza


YUMM-O!
Friday night is officially pizza night here at the Halleck Home, and I'm loving our new (not so original) tradition!
Last week I grilled an eggplant and olive pizza with provolone cheese, and it was amazing! If you've never grilled pizza before you've got to try it! It is so delicious! And, eggplant and olives......oh, that was a perfect dinner! I'm starting to get addicted to eggplant...and to think I hadn't even tried it before this year! Good thing I have a freezer full of it for the winter!
Oh, and speaking of the beautiful purple fruit...I made eggplant parmesan for the first time the other day, and it was fabulous!

So, back to the pizza thing...my plan is to try every kind of pizza you can think of ...all home made of course, no $5 hot n ready here!
So, this week we have a special guest in out home...Mom is here visiting!
We are going to do personal size pizza's, on the grill, and each do our own toppings...just for fun!

Have a good weekend! I'll be busy spending the weekend with mom, working on her latest project (more on that later!)

6 comments:

  1. Homemade Crust too? HOw does it work for for falling into the 'cracks' on the grill??

    Do tell...I may have to do this tonoight for my guests! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for grilled pizza! We actually did personal grilled pizzas for the first time this summer with the kids. They thought it was so neat that they could put whatever they wanted on their own little pizza!! Tons of fun and soooo yummy!

    Give your mom a hug for me!
    Love yous,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love grilled pizza! My crazy oven makes the smoke alarm go off when it is set at 400 or above, so we have to grill. I may have to join you tonight (long distance, of course).

    Have fun with your wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks SO so tasty! I love the idea of Friday night pizza night. And I'm looking forward to hearing all the combos you try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks yummy! Going to have to try this sometime I know the kiddies would love to make their own personal size pizza. What kind of crust did you use? Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Feta cheese, spinach and mushrooms...an absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete