my eyes are going bananas


my eyes are going bananas....does that even make sense?
probably not, but I really wanted to use that picture!

You see that banana? That is a clip from one of Mom's journal pages. One of the 103 journal pages that we worked on editing last weekend! She's done an awesome job with her watercolor travel journal! It's beautiful! And, we hope to see a printed copy of it soon!
*****************************************
On top of that, I've been working on a digital scrapbook for my friend, Marilyn.
That was also 100 pages! One hundred digital scrapbook pages in only a couple weeks! Pretty good for someone just learning what they are doing! The pages turned out great, she loves them, and she ordered the book today! I can't wait to see what the printed copy looks like!
*****************************************
So, that's about it. Other than the normal, everyday stuff. The soybeans in the field north of our house were harvested a couple weeks ago (that's what the picture from the last post was). They finally dropped off some dirt to fill in the hole in our back yard....we counted over 60 truck loads of dirt!


This is actually pretty "old" news! I think they were delivering the dirt back in the beginning of September...I just forgot to write about it!
Anyway...the pile is flat now. Tim, our landlord, came over last week and dozed it all down. It actually looks like a yard now! He has some more work to do with the bobcat, and then he hopes to have grass planted yet this fall!
We'll have a lot more lawn to mow next year, but it's going to be wonderful having a green yard (that is, if the grass grows!)
***************************************
The leaves on the trees are starting to change color and some are falling to the ground. The days are shorter, and cooler and the sun isn't shinning as much lately.
But, life is still good. No, it's great! I'm thankful to have had projects to work on indoors, and I'm thankful for the times that the sun peeks through so I can take Oakley out for a walk! I love the smell of fall, and I love being outside this time of year.
****************************************
Dustin is fiddling in the garage tonight, Oakley is curled up on his bed. I'm sitting on the couch with my big fleece blanket curled around me and a pile of magazines from Elouise stacked next to me waiting to be flipped through. The banana nut bread candle is burning behind me to cover the scent of the venison we had for dinner. (I love venison, but I just don't want to smell it after we're done eating!)
There is a blackberry spice cake on the counter that I made this afternoon that I'm looking forward to tasting a little later, with my mug of tea.

I hope YOU have a wonderful evening too. I know I will.

5 comments:

  1. A cup of warm tea with that cake sounds wonderful about now! :) I'd love to see some of your digital pages - and can't wait until you see how Studio J works! You're going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you post, I can smell the candle and relax. Your such a sweet girl like your Mama. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a gift it is to have those illustrations from your mom. :) Life certainly is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A banana nut candle? Hmmm...I have some of those that you gave me! :) And I think after reading about the smell I might have to make some banana bread this weekend. :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete