Kohlrabi!


Hi!
I've been so busy today!
Oakley and I went for a walk this morning, and then I weeded some of the garden (I'm trying to find my tomato plants among the weeds!), I got two loads of laundry on the line and went for a quick dip in the pond...all before 9:00 am! Yay, ME!
I got cleaned up and ran up town to see my friend, Donna and take her some veggies from the garden, and then I went to the store to pick up just a couple of things.

This afternoon it's been SO hot...way too hot to be outside, I think.
So, I prepared the cabbage that I picked for the freezer (5 quarts worth),
cleaned up some green beans, chopped up some bread to dry for stuffing (bread was on super sale and I wanted to have some for bread pudding and stuffing this fall), I chopped up some more green peppers for the freezer (I've got about 14 cups in the freezer now!), and just took a blackberry cobbler out of the oven.

When D left for work this morning he wasn't feeling well, and after talking to him a few moments ago, he's still not well. *sad*
So, he's on his way home...looks like I might be having a burger and sweet corn (the first from the garden) by myself tonight. I'm sure he'll just want to go to bed when he gets home.

*****
Wondering what the funky stuff is in the picture above?
Kohlrabi

It's SO yummy!
I've only ever had it raw, sliced with a little salt...but, I picked a half dozen of them this morning and that is too many for me to try and eat raw! I've found a recipe for a puree' that sounds pretty good, and I'm going to try and make that tomorrow...after I can my beets!

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. You can use it in a stir fry. It tastes like water chestnuts. I also know that some people fry it. Never tried it that way though. Since it is related to cabbage you might want to try to freeze it too...

    ReplyDelete